Geospatial Production Analyst Wilmington NC
Career Opportunity for Geospatial Production Analyst
Geo Owl is seeking Geospatial Production Analysts to join our team in Wilmington, NC where they will be an integral member of our JANUS team for feature extraction, cartographic production, and data conditioning. As a Geospatial Production Analyst, you will produce or condition geospatial data as part of a multi-national data production and sharing agreement between 30 participating nations. This data is used to produce maps and contribute in humanitarian assistance, disaster response, policy making, and other vital national and international needs.
You will be part of a team responsible for collecting, creating, and conditioning geospatial data from high-resolution commercial imagery for in-demand areas of the world, such as Africa, the Middle East, and South Asia-Oceania. As part of this multi-national mapping team, your work will be instrumental in creating geospatial data in an interoperable format that is adaptive and responsive. Your products will allow for rapid data sharing, building, and strengthening of international trust, goodwill, and collaboration, and the creation of a shareable, global, digital database.
Veterans with Geospatial MOS (35G, 12Y, 1N1, 0241 etc.) encouraged to apply
Required Skills and Education:
- Bachelor's in Geography, Remote Sensing, or other closely related education with geospatial components to include civil engineering, surveying, or cartography.
- Experience performing feature extraction in ArcGIS
- Demonstrated experience in building data models
- Excellent analytical writing skills including the ability to communicate and illustrate geospatial production processes and techniques
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office 365 applications (Teams, Planner, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Slack communication application
- Can prioritize and solve routine tasks, positively impact customer relations, and contribute to the completion of delivery order tasks
- Excellent research skills utilizing both Open Source Material as well as provided databases
- Candidate must possess the ability to accurately discern red, green, blue, and yellow colors on a screen
- Must be a team player and willing to work long hours to meet production deadlines!
- Advanced user of ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Pro versions
- Experience utilizing workflow manager, data reviewer and defense mapping solutions
- Master's Degree in Geographic Information Science or related field
- Certificate in Geospatial Intelligence
- 3 years of experience in Python or similar object-oriented computer languages.
- Experience performing MGCP or TDS feature extraction, map production and data conditioning
- Experience leading teams in the geospatial production process with proven ability to meet deadlines
- Experience using any Electronic Light Table (ELT)
- Understanding of National level imagery product standards and customer support services
- Knowledge of and experience of the imagery collection process
• Most of the health insurance options are 85% Paid by Geo Owl.
• 401k matching at 5%.
• Dental, Vision, and Disability coverage.
• Peer to Peer spot bonuses.
• 120 hours of PTO per year plus federal holidays.
• Other perks available.
• Relocation assistance is not available for this opportunity.
Joining the Geo Owl Team | What to Expect
At Geo Owl, we highly value our team members. We offer challenging but rewarding opportunities for those who want to work hard to provide a great experience for the customer and strive to reach their professional goals. As a member of the Geo Owl family, you will be working alongside people who share this work ethic and are aiming to be the best partner for our customer. We are all proud to be a part of this company and we want you to be too.
· Provide high quality solutions to our mission partners in the United States through our expert analysts.
· Be recognized as the best at what we do by our customers.
· Be an organization our team members are proud and excited to be a part of.
· Continually strive for excellence and seek to tackle the most difficult challenges our industry has to offer.
Geo Owl is a premiere provider of Full-Motion Video (FMV), Geospatial, ISR, Intelligence and IT services to the Department of Defense and Intelligence Community. We are vitalized by our engaged team of professionals that truly value each other and the important missions we support.
Geo Owl is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, marital status, military status, genetic predisposition, or any other basis protected by law.