Geospatial Internship Wilmington NC
Geo Owl is seeking Geospatial and Cartographic students to participate in an internship in our office in Wilmington NC, where they will be an integral member of our Multi-National Geospatial Co-Production (MGCP) extraction and cartographic production products team. As a Geospatial Production Analyst, you will produce geospatial data as part of a multi-national data production and sharing agreement between 30 participating nations. This data is used to produce maps and contribute in humanitarian assistance, disaster response, policy making, and other emerging national and international needs. You will be part of a team responsible for collecting/creating geospatial data from high-resolution, commercial imagery for in-demand areas of the globe, such as Africa, the Middle East, and South Asia-Oceania. As part of this multi-national mapping team, your work will be instrumental in creating geospatial data in an interoperable format that is adaptive and responsive. Your products will allow for rapid data sharing, building, and strengthening of international trust, goodwill, and collaboration, and the creation of a shareable, global digital database.
*Full Time Employment opportunities may be offered to top performing interns. You have the chance to be part of the first 100 Geo Owl team members and the opportunity for advancement is real.
Veterans are highly encouraged to apply.
Required Skills and Education:
* High School diploma and a minimum of one year of related experience in geospatial science, civil engineering, surveying, cartography or currently enrolled and working toward related degree: Science, Geography, or geospatial related field
* Excellent analytical writing skills
* Excellent working knowledge of MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
* During high-tempo operations, can relay and articulate information
* Can prioritize and solve routine tasks, positively impact customer relations, and contribute to the completion of delivery order tasks
* Proficient with touch typing (not looking at keyboard)
* Excellent research skills utilizing both Open Source Material as well as provided databases
*Candidate must possess the ability to accurately discern red, green, blue, and yellow colors on a screen
* Experience using ArcGIS or any Electronic Light Table (ELT)
* Understanding of National level imagery product standards and customer support services
* Knowledge of and experience with the imagery collection process
Steven Stout - Director of Geospatial Solutions
Steve brings over 20 years of experience delivering geospatial solutions for both private and government clients across numerous markets. He is GISP certified, holds a B.S. in Geographic Information Systems from Brigham Young University and a M.S. in Geospatial Information Science from Northwest Missouri State University. Steve also serves as an Intelligence Officer in the U.S. Navy Reserves.
Joining the Geo Owl Team | What to Expect
At Geo Owl, we highly value our team members. We offer challenging but rewarding opportunities for those who want to work hard to provide a great experience for the customer and strive to reach their professional goals. As a member of the Geo Owl family, you will be working alongside people who share this work ethic and are aiming to be the best partner for our customer. We are all proud to be a part of this company and we want you to be too.
· Provide high quality solutions to our mission partners in the United States through our expert analysts.
· Be recognized as the best at what we do by our customers.
· Be an organization our team members are proud and excited to be a part of.
· Continually strive for excellence and seek to tackle the most difficult challenges our industry has to offer.
Geo Owl is a premiere provider of Full-Motion Video (FMV), Geospatial, ISR, Intelligence and IT services to the Department of Defense and Intelligence Community. We are vitalized by our engaged team of professionals that truly value each other and the important missions we support.
Geo Owl is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, marital status, military status, genetic predisposition, or any other basis protected by law.